SCM Finance Academy
Build the financial acumen you need to succeed in supply chain
The SCM Finance Academy is an 8-week program designed to provide managers, directors, and high-potential employees the financial foundation they need to interpret results and make decisions that have an impact across the supply chain.
This first-of-its-kind program draws upon the industry-leading supply chain curriculum in the Haslam College of Business as well as learning that emerges from close relationships with peers and faculty.
- Taught in an asynchronous and synchronous online format, the program allows students to work through course material independently and synthesize key takeaways live with expert faculty support
- Students select either their own or a publicly traded company to use during the program, enabling them to learn about financial positions and understand how their decisions impact results.
- The course culminates with a formal assessment, and participants are awarded CEUs and UT Certification upon completion.
Program at a Glance
Learn the financial skills and insights most desired by supply chain management leaders
Flexible asynchronous and synchronous online format
What You’ll Learn
The SCM Finance Academy will be divided into 8 modules, including:
- Finance and Why it Matters
Learn how supply chain management impacts financial results and how financial literacy impacts your career
- How to Read Income Statements
Learn about the major components of an income statement—revenue, cost of goods sold and selling, and general and administrative expenses—and how Supply Chain Management impacts these components
- Understanding the Balance Sheet
Explore the components of a balance sheet, including assets, liabilities, and equity, and connect how supply chain management impacts each component
- Deciphering the Statement of Cash Flow
Explore how supply chain management impacts this critical element of any organization’s success
- Measuring Performance
Learn how to use financial metrics to better understand a company’s short term-liquidity, long-term financial strength, profitability and how well it manages its assets
- Procurement’s Impact on Financial Results
Uncover how procurement, which has a profound impact on a firm’s profitability and cash flow, impacts financial statements
- The True Cost of Inventory
Discuss the true cost of carrying inventory and its impact on a company’s financial results
- Annual Planning
Cost and Key Dates
Program End Date
Program Start Date
Program End Date