At The University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s Haslam College of Business, inclusion is one of our core values, and through GSCI we are committed to creating a robust network of supply chain leaders enriched by diversity. Our goal is to afford our community members the chance to learn from one another, gaining the skills and resources that enable us to have a more significant impact on the world. In bringing together a community composed of students, supply chain professionals, executive partners and faculty from different backgrounds and life experiences, we hope to elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation and the world by embracing inclusivity at every possible opportunity.
Dedicated to Diversity
The dedication to diversity at the Haslam College of Business means embracing community members of all genders, races, religions and sexual orientations. By welcoming people from all backgrounds, we hope to enable personal growth, expand our collective and individual perspectives and be a catalyst to increase diversity in the supply chain industry.
On-Campus Student Groups Paving the Way
To celebrate and promote diversity, Haslam supports several student groups, organizations and initiatives for on-campus students to foster inclusivity in the supply chain industry, like NeXxus, a student group connecting women in the supply chain and the annual Women in Business, Entrepreneurship and Leadership Summit. Throughout the year, the Haslam College of Business also hosts events focusing on the exploration of diversity and leadership, like the Empowering Women in Supply Chain panel, led by Mary Long, managing director of the Global Supply Chain Institute.
Committed to The University of Tennessee’s Values
Initiatives like the TakeOff Program offer first-generation undergraduate college students targeted guidance as they adjust to the first year of university or business school life.
GSCI is proud to share the University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s core values, respecting each individual’s contributions and strengths to create an inclusive culture where diverse backgrounds and ideas can impact the profession.
Ongoing Diversity Groups and Events at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s Haslam College of Business for On-Campus Students
- NeXxus: Connecting Women in Supply Chain is a student-led organization focused on networking, mentoring and empowering women in supply chain management.
- The Women in Business, Entrepreneurship and Leadership Summit is hosted annually for women in the college to network with successful mentors in the business community.
- The Diversity Advancement Program provides students with the opportunity to hone in on their leadership and interpersonal skills while expanding their personal and professional networks.
- The Diversity Connections Program connects Haslam students to various resources, including access to employers, state-of-the-art technologies and some need-based scholarships.
- The TakeOff Program at the Haslam College of Business offers our many first-generation college students targeted guidance to ensure their educational success.