Q&A with Arun Sivaramakrishnan
Arun Sivaramakrishnan, Transformation Partner – Vice President at Genpact, completed the Haslam College of Business at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s new SCM Leadership Academy in May 2022. Learn why he recommends Haslam’s program over others and how he’s already applying what he learned.
Why did you choose UT’s SCM Leadership Academy?
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is the institutional leader in supply chain management and is recognized by industry for its global network.
How are you applying what you’ve learned?
- When it comes to progress and transformation, we bring value to the organization by demonstrating impact to core business processes with quantifiable outcomes. This program teaches an end-to-end (E2E) perspective of supply chain that enables me to successfully lead transformational supply chain initiatives.
Talk about the program’s strengths compared to other similar programs. What sets it apart?
- I tried other programs. Most of them place too much emphasis on mathematics/statistics or rely too heavily on reading text books. Haslam’s program is different.
- It brings participants together, providing an interactive platform to discuss real-world scenarios.
- Participants also have the opportunity to learn from UT’s network of industry leaders.
- Leadership principles are included throughout the program’s curriculum, and the course content is immediately applicable and relevant today.
What are the most valuable aspects of the SCM Leadership Academy?
- Peer engagement sets the program apart, specifically the opportunity to connect on a weekly basis with the entire cohort.
- The program’s emphasis on developing leadership skills is also a differentiator. I especially appreciate the leadership journal in which participants reflect upon instructor-provided questions.
Launched in August 2021, the 14-week program is designed to develop managers, directors and other key stakeholders into supply chain leaders by drawing upon the industry-leading supply chain curriculum at UT and connecting peers through group learning.
If you’re ready to build your leadership skills and drive value for your organization, learn more about Haslam’s SCM Leadership Academy, upcoming dates, and how to register on the GSCI website.
Genpact is one of over 70 Supply Chain Forum partners. All basic and premium partner companies receive a 15% discount on executive education (non-degree) programs like the SCM Leadership Academy. Premium partners receive two free seats in the program.